I recently went to Texas for a job interview. It wasn't a cheap trip, but we got a decent deal. The flight out there was long, but uneventful. Everything went smoothly, the interview was decent, I didn't get lost en-route (due to my Brother-in-law's kindness in allowing the use of his GPS), and the interviewers were friendly. After the interview I was told that I would receive a call that Wednesday (this was on a Monday). I finished up the trip to Houston with a Jaunt down the road to look at a potential place of residence, and a Visit to the Challenger Seven Memorial Park.
When Wednesday arrived, I figured that I would get a phone call as promised. It never came. Not a "Thank you for coming all this way", not a "We're going with somebody else", nothing. And I suppose its a good thing they didn't hire me. I don't want to work for people like that. So I'll just go back to looking, applying, and waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've found that (especially when it cones to jobs) if they don't call you when they told you they would—you should call them. A lot of the time things come up and they lose track of things, but a friendly inquiry/reminder call is not a bad way to keep yourself on their minds (especially if the thing that came up, is that they haven't made up their mind yet).
ReplyDeleteThat's tough. I would call like Rich said AND follow up with a thank you note (he has a great template).
ReplyDelete